Friday, September 10, 2010

Last minute touches

What is going on with me. I woke up at 4am and laid there for almost an hour awake. I decided I would just get up. Now it's almost 6 and I am getting sleepy again. I got most of the things done yesterday so today I just have to dust a little and put a roast in the slow cooker.

Bob and his friend came home with no salmon yesterday. But they said they had a fun time anyway. I guess that's what it's all about anyway.

When we were camping in July a couple we know came camping also and we all had dinner together a few times. The time she made the main course it was a chicken dinner made in her slow cooker. She said it was a recipe given to her by a friend from the Caribbean. She gave me the ingredients. I thought that would make a good meal while my bros are here but I don't know the amounts of anything. I wrote her an email and asked for the recipe. She called yesterday and said she couldn't find the recipe and would call her friend for it and email me. Well, I haven't heard anything from her yet. So.....I figure either she couldn't reach her friend or she really doesn't want to share the recipe so I may have to improvise. After all I do have the ingredients. Only hitch is one ingredient is Goya Adobo Seasoning and my brother is bringing me that since I couldn't find it anywhere in my town. He found it in a Mexican market in Nevada. So I will be making it another night this next week.

The weather is supposed to be better the next week. It's been raining for two days off and on. I'm not ready to have cold and rainy weather yet. Well, I think I may go back to bed for a couple more hours. Have a Blessed Day everyone!

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you share that recipe when you get it. I like to do things in the slow cooker when camping too. Enjoy your visit!

Lisa said...

We have some of that seasoning your brother is bringing you ... I didn't realize it was hard to find. My husband loves it on a lot of stuff.
Lisa

Judi said...

Hi Kathy!
Funny....a few weeks ago, I used adobo for the first time with a carribean chicken recipe that everyone raved over! I'm wondering if it's the one you are trying to get hold of! Tell me what the other ingredients are and I'll let you know if it's the one I have! I'd be thrilled to share it with you!
Have a great time with your brothers!
Onward!
Judi