Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hot Weekend......

Wow! Our temperature was up in the 90s yesterday. We aren't used to such heat here. Especially since we just spent a week at the coast and it is so cool there. It was also my birthday and hubby and I tried a new restaurant in town called Blackbird Bar and Grill. I wanted to go somewhere I don't always eat. The atmosphere was great, quiet with jazzy piano music playing. The front of the place has a full length bar and small tables across from it. There is a little bay window in front also with a built in cushiony bench and small table. My hubby wanted to sit there. It was really cozy. The actual dining roon was in the rear but it was still pretty neat where we sat. We had Bruschetta as an appetizer. Wow! It was yummy. It had artichoke hearts on it and my picky husband ate it and loved it. Boy, was I surprised. I ordered Jambalaya for my main course. I love it and haven't eaten it in years. It was fabulous. Better than any I've eaten before. I couldn't eat it all so I have a carton in the fridge for today.......yeah!! Then for dessert, since it was my birthday, I chose chocolate creme brulee. I am telling you it was so rich and smooth. YUM!! What a delightful dinner. When they found out it was my birthday, they gave me the dessert at no charge. We were really surprised when the bill came and it was only $53. I had a couple of glasses of wine and my hubster had 2 beers too. We thought it was pretty reasonable. We will definitely be going back there.

My appt with the surgeon regarding the removal of my lapband is this week on Thursday. I am compiling a list of questions I want to ask about the whole situation. I am really glad that my husband is coming with me so he can be my moral support and backup if I choke and don't ask any questions. I don't know what will happen I just am hoping that whatever the outcome is, I am ok with it. I have to call my insurance company tomorrow and inquire about their coverage for conversion if the band fails. We shall see.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday Kathy! Your dinner sounds lovely. Good luck with the upcoming appointment, and I'm so glad your hubby is going with you. Remember this is your life, your body and your health, do not be intimiated! I hope you get some good answers.

Jen said...

So glad you had a great birthday dinner. I hope your appointment goes well, remember if you ever want to talk about it- I'm here for ya! I can relate to what you are going through and I know how hard it is. I still have a hard time on some days... hang in there and be sure to get the support you need. hugs to you, I'll be thinking of you.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday! It's sounds like you did have a great birthday dinner. I love creme brulee but have never had the chocolate. It was high ninties here Friday and Saturday but today it is raining and cooler. I'll keep you in my prayers and thoughts as I know the coming doctors appointment may be a difficult one for you. You just have to trust that the right decision is made. Hope your Sunday is a wonderful one.

Jody V said...

Good luck Kathy and Happy Birthday!!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday Kathy! i wish you good luck with your appointment. Jean

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I hope your appointment goes well and you hear things that make you feel better.