Monday, December 1, 2008

Twenty Four Days Before Christmas




Well I got some LED lights for outside but we haven't hung them yet. I still have to drag out my decorations from under the house. I know I was going to do it the other day but instead I went shopping. I went to Michael's and got some more silk greenery for the house. They were 50% off plus I had a 20% off coupon. Quite a deal I think. I took down the fall garlands I had up over the kitchen cupboards and had hubby help me with the rope lights we have up there. I had to replace them since the old ones had discolored from use. Now I just need to put some Christmas decorations up there and then I can add the pics and things I bought and it should look festive. I'll take a picture or two when I do.

I took Chloe for a walk to the park where they have the Festival of Lights display yesterday afternoon. I took my camera but I don't know if I took anything worthy of publishing here. I haven't checked them out yet.

We are going to go see a movie this afternoon. It's Fireproof with Kirk Cameron. Last week we saw 4 Christmases with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. It was very funny. I really enjoyed it. Well, I need to go fold some clothes out of the dryer now. Hope everyone has a good day today.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

your journal is looking very festive.

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

lOOKS GOOD..I love Michaels, need to go back and pick up some things for my little tree.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the Christmassy look you've given your journal. Very nice! I'd heard that 4 Christmases was a good movie. I don't go to them much but will probably catch it later on. I'll be looking forward to those pictures. Hope they turned out for you. 'On Ya'-ma

Jody V said...

Hi Kathy!

Sounds like a fun time with the Festival of Lights. I also want to see 4 Christmases. I will be thinking of you as I drag out all my boxes too! Have a great day!

Jody

Judi said...

Wow! Is that your mantel? I love it! I really need to get my butt in gear to do some decorating. If I didn't have this job, this family and everything that goes along with all of that...I'd have it all done. But, of course...if I didn't have those things...would I decorate? Ah, the mysteries of life!
I loved 4 Christmases. It was a fun movie!
Thanks for the motivation!
Judi

Leslie said...

Hi kathy, I was snooping around here in bloggersville, actually.. I saw the pic of you and your bichon and I decided to visit. your mantle looks very nice. I love the arrangement of frames and greens. Michaels has great deals. I love that store ( I practically live there)!!